NAIDOC Week ideas to share
- make some damper
- decorate the Aboriginal Flag and learn its history
- walk on country and maybe even find some bush tucker!
- explore Tasmania Aboriginal Culture on The Orb
- read a dreamtime story or watch a child friendly cartoon or movie
- visit local indigenous sites ‘
- learn the indigenous names of places in Tasmania/ lutruwita
In July we celebrate the National Aboriginal and Islander Day of Commemoration (NAIDOC Week) with an exploration of indigenous culture, language, stories and art. As an early years program we recognise that diversity contributes to the richness of our society and provides a valid evidence base about ways of knowing. For Australia it also includes promoting greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of knowing and being. (Early Years Learning Framework for Australia 2009).
You can download a copy of the amazing poster for 2021 to colour in